“We now have solid evidence that e-consults improve access to care, improve patient experience, and save money. It is exciting that an increasing number of payers are recognizing this and covering the costs.”
-Daren Anderson, MD, Director Weitzman Institute
“With e-consults, primary and specialty care providers are communicating about patients and delivering care that reduces travel time and low-value visits, and improves the information that a specialist has when they see a patient.”
“E-consults are conversations between primary and specialty care providers that have high value in that they lead to better outcomes at decreased costs.”
Mike Witte, MD, VP and CMO California Primary Care Association
E-Consult News & Events
- Join us for the July E-Consult Workgroup webinar on 7/16 from 12 to 1 p.m. PT featuring the presentation: Increasing Specialty Care Access for Correctional Institution Patients with E-Consults.
- “eConsults: A Triple Win for Patients, Clinicans and Payers”, published in June by the Milbank Memorial Fund, reviews e-consults’ effective and safe access to specialty care. The report includes interviews of several E-Consult Workgroup members. Author Author Aasta Thielke of Oregon Health & Science University will be among presenters for the July 16th E-Consult Workgroup webinar. Read more.
- Research Reveals E-Consult Increase During Pandemic A study by Massachusetts General Hospital researchers finds an increase in e-consult use during the COVID-19 Pandemic. Read more.
- Anthem Blue Cross Expands E-Consult Program for Safety Net Providers: Read more about Anthem’s new virtual care program improving access for California’s underserved populations.
- E-Consult COVID-19 Resources: Updates to e-consult provider services, policies and best practices in response to the pandemic.
- E-Consult Workshop 2020: Save the date for November 16-17. To learn more about the event and Sponsorship Opportunities, contact email@example.com.
Expanding Safety Net Access to Specialty Care With E-Consult:
Best Practices and Tools for Payers, Providers, Policymakers and Patient Advocates
E-Consult Workgroup Sponsors
Funding and support for the E-Consult Toolkit is provided by California Health Care Foundation. Our thanks to Blue Shield of California Foundation for the project’s original funding. Our goal is to offer primary and specialty care providers, health IT experts, and patient care advocates information and tools for e-consult readiness assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation.